Tips for Getting Around: sure, Manhattan is primarily a grid and you could naviagte that fairly easily but what about the rest of the city? It’s a lot more than Manhattan, you know.
- Clickable New York City Subway Map – from the MTA, the folks who are supposed to know.
- New York City Map Portal -Sure, you could use Google Maps to find that address but shows you the ‘where’ plus so much more!
Shopping Tips: for that gargantuan topic, we have been compiling the Greater Gotham Shopping Series. Check it out. You’ll be glad you did.
Weather RelatedTips: Planning to try and escape the weather? Expected to make an airport run to pick up your mother-in-law? Check to see if your flight is gonna get off the ground or if hers is gonna be rerouted.
- National Weather Service is happy to serve up weather conditions at
Kennedy, LaGuardia and Newark.
- Or you could venture over to the FAA site where they have flight delay info the Northeastern States. I’m not saying either of these government agencies are the most comprehensive source or even the most correct (they are government agencies after all) but they are official.
- By far the most accurate and comprehensive sight I’ve ever found for flight delay and arrivals information is FlightArrivals.com. It’s a great site with comprehensive real time (or as near as can be) arrival/departure/delay information for commercial airline flights across the country. Use them and you won’t be sorry.
Tips on where, what and when to grab a bit in this town can be found in the Gotham Grub section. There you’ll find information on directories, reviews, and our own tips sheets on things like finding the best NY chocolate or staging a romantic Gotham dinner for two.